By Bhante Sumitta |
Dhamma USA & International Institute of Theravada (IIT) are organizing a joint venture to benefit the many enthusiastic learners of Buddhism from April 17, 2022 onward. Beginning April 17 at 7:30 am, Venerable Maggavihari & Venerable Palmadulle Vijitanandabhivamsa will share a Dhamma Sermon on every Sunday through Dhamma USA and IIT YouTube channels and Facebook pages.
VENERABLE WATAGODA MAGGAVIHĀRĪ
Vice President of The International Institute of Theravāda.
Venerable Maggavihārī, an old boy of Royal College, is one of the prominent disciples of late Nā-Uyane Ariyadhamma Mahāthera from whom he took his ordination in 2006.
Having lived and learned under the supervision of Ariyadhamma Mahāthera for continuous six years, venerable Maggavihārī went to Myanmar in 2012 to further his studies on Theravāda Buddhism at the International Theravāda Buddhist Missionary University. There he earned both B.A. and M.A. while extensively studying Therāvāda Buddhism as preserved by the Burmese tradition. He started his teaching career as an Abhidhamma teacher in Nāuyana Forest Monastery and continued to do so at ITBMU helping his fellow colleagues.
As a senior student he taught Abidamma, Vipassana, Pali and Vinaya to number of junior students at ITBMU.
In addition, he has enormous experience with monastic life both in Thai and Burmese traditions.
As a practitioner, he spent some time at Wat Pah Nanachat practicing and learning Thai Forest tradition, and he practiced a few other meditation techniques such as Mahasi, and Mogok during his stay in Myanmar.
Currently, Venerable Maggavihārī serves as the vice president of the International Institute of Theravāda, conducting online courses for both laity and monastics all around the world. His English medium course on Fundamentals of Theravāda Buddhism is highly praised by many who are interested in the subject.
Venerable Palmadulle Vijitanandabhivamsa
April 17, 2022 (Sunday)
7:30 am (Pacific Time)
10:30 am (Eastern Standard Time)
8:00 pm (Indian Standard Time – Sri Lanka & India)
Platform to Join:
Dhamma USA YouTube Channel
Dhamma USA Facebook Page
IIT YouTube Channel
IIT Facebook Page
For More Info:
email Dhamma USA | email@example.com
IIT website | https://www.theravado.com/
IIT email | firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are the links to the Dhamma Talks by IIT
- Week 9 | Broadening & Narrowing Mental States | Venerable Palmadulle Vijitanandabhivamsa (Sri Lanka) |
- Week 7 | Buddhist Teachings for a Flourishing Life | Venerable Palmadulle Vijitanandabhivamsa (Sri Lanka) |
- Week 5 | Mettā (Loving Kindness) | Venerable Palmadulle Vijitanandabhivamsa (Sri Lanka) |
- Week 4 | How Cycle of Rebirth Happens & How to Get out of It? | Venerable Maggavihari (Sri Lanka) |
- Week 3 | What Are Four Refuges? | by Venerable Maggavihari (Sri Lanka) |
- Week 2 | What is Noble Eightfold Path? | by Venerable Watagoda Maggavihari (Sri Lanka) |
- Week 1 | 4 Iddhipada | Special Dhamma Talk Series by Venerable Maggavihari (Sri Lanka) |